Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are the basis on which My Hawaii Hostel will provide accommodation and other products and services to Guests. By making a booking the Guest agrees to comply with these Conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
"Arrival Date" means the date on which the Guest’s stay at the hostel is due to commence, as per the Booking Details
"Booking" means the reservation by the Guest of accommodation detailed in the Booking Confirmation.
“Booking Details” means the details of the Booking including the number of Guests, the number of rooms required, the duration of the Guests’ stay at the Hostel and any other products and/or services to be included in the Booking.
“Charges” means the charges payable by the Guest in connection with the Booking
“Guest” means the individual making the Booking and any third parties they invite to the Hostel in connection with the Booking
“My Hawaii Hostel” or “Hostel” means My Hawaii Enterprises, LLC doing business as My Hawaii Hostel.
- Guests can request Bookings via My Hawaii Hostel’s website or by contacting staff at the Hostel via phone at 808-374-2131. Guests may also make Bookings via any third-party OTA on which My Hawaii Hostel is listed.
- The maximum stay at My Hawaii Hostel is 14 nights. You may be asked to show proof of onward travel. If you would like to request an exception you may do this by contacting the hostel directly.
- When requesting Bookings, Guests will be required to provide identification information including their name, address, contact telephone number and email address. The hostel has the right to reject any guest from checking-in if the guest name is different from the name as stated on the reservation. For a booking to be confirmed the guest must also provide valid Debit or Credit Card details at the time of Booking. All bookings will be confirmed by confirmation email which provides the booking reference.
- Subject to cancellation policies, My Hawaii Hostel will use its reasonable endeavors to accommodate any request from the Guest to change the Booking Details. Any request to change the dates or length of will be subject to availability.
- We will also make every effort to accommodate you in the size dorm you requested, however, this is not guaranteed. When booking multiple beds in a shared room, My Hawaii Hostel will attempt to put people on the same booking in the same room, however this can not be guaranteed.
- Groups consist of 6 people or more. The minimum stay for a group booking is two nights. If you haven’t booked your group directly with us, we cannot guarantee all members of your group will be in the same dorm. When booking beds in a shared room, My Hawaii Hostel will attempt to put people on the same booking in the same room, however this cannot be guaranteed.
FEES AND PAYMENT
- The Charges will be as quoted by My Hawaii Hostel to the Guest upon the Guests’ request for a Booking.
- Unless otherwise agreed by My Hawaii Hostel, the Charges only cover the provision of accommodation (and associated taxes) at the Hostel and the Guest may incur additional charges including charges for rental items, lost keys/locks, laundry, damages resulting from the Guest’s negligence (the “Additional Charges”). Guests will be informed of the amount of the Additional Charges before they are incurred.
- Balance must be paid immediately when checking in at the hostel. We accept cash (USD only), most credit cards and debit cards. When checking in you will be asked to provide us with a valid credit card number as a lock/key deposit. Your card will not be charged unless you fail to return your lock and key. Lost lock and key will incur a $50 charge and a lost lock will incur a $20 charge.
- Prior to arrival we can charge on your request your credit card with the full amount for your reservation. If you would like to pay your balance before arrival, please send a request to email@example.com.
- If you intend to pay for someone’s stay and will not be checking-in to show the payment card, a request needs to be sent IN ADVANCE by email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
CANCELLATIONS AND NO SHOWS
- A booking may be cancelled without charge if notice is given to My Hawaii Hostel at least 48 hours prior to 1400 hours (local time) on the Arrival Date. For example, if you plan to arrive on Friday, you have until 1400 hours on Wednesday to cancel your booking. In case of cancellation, the Hostel is not responsible to refund any deposit pre-paid to third party OTAs. Please note that the deposit, fees paid to Hostelworld, Hostelbookers, etc are not refundable by My Hawaii Hostel (this money goes directly to these agents). Please also note that this policy cancellation does not apply to group booking (6 or more people).
- Where the Guest fails to give sufficient notice of cancellation, an amount equivalent to one-night stay will be charged.
- NO SHOWS: If a Guest fails to arrive (no show) at the Hostel, the entire booking will be deemed cancelled and the Guest will be charged for the ENTIRE BOOKING.
- My Hawaii Hostel may at any time cancel a Booking if the Hostel becomes unavailable due to circumstances outside My Hawaii Hostel’s control (ie natural disaster, etc) in which case My Hawaii Hostel will pay the Guest a full refund of any Charges and any booking fee paid.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
- Check-in time is from 1400 hrs.
Early Check In: If you arrive earlier, you are welcome to leave your luggage in our storage room. Our receptionist will be there with a smile and some tips on where to get a good coffee and lunch!
Late Check-In: Our reception is NOT open 24/7. If your flight is scheduled to land after 2200 hrs please find alternative accommodation for your first night. If your flight lands prior to 2200 hrs you may make a booking, however, please inform us via phone or email that you will be arriving to the hostel after 2200 hrs. If you do NOT inform us of your late arrival you might not be able to check in.
2. Check-out time is 1100 hrs.
Late Check-Out: We need everyone to check out of their room/bed and return their key by 1100 hrs, however, luggage storage and use of the facilities will be made available until 2000 hrs on the day of check out. Failure to check-out by 1100 hrs may result in the Guest being charged for an additional night’s accommodation at the standard applicable rate.
- Guests with any special requirements pertaining to a disability should inform the management team at the Hostel prior to the Arrival Date.
- We welcome children, however, those under the age of 16 may not stay in a shared dorm. A private room is required. Children between 10 and 16 cannot stay in a shared dorm without a parent or guardian. If you have questions about staying at My Hawaii Hostel with your children, please contact us at email@example.com or 808-374-2131.
- Valid photo identification in the form of a valid Driver License or Passport is required at check-in.
- Guests are required to conduct themselves in a reasonable and responsible manner at the Hostel and must not act in any way which may disturb other guests. Failure to adhere to this requirement may result in Guests being asked to leave the Hostel in which event all Charges and Additional Charges shall become immediately payable by the Guest.
- Smoking/vaping is NOT permitted inside the Hostel or in Hostel common areas. Smoking is only allowed in the designated smoking area.
- The Guest may be liable for My Hawaii Hostel’s reasonable cost of repairing, cleaning or replacing any property of My Hawaii Hostel which is damaged by a Guest due to negligence on the part of the Guest.
- No animals are allowed in the Hostel except for Service Animals. Emotional support animals, comfort animals, therapy animals and pets are not allowed. For the comfort and safety of other guests, those traveling with Service Animals may not stay in shared dorm rooms.
- Guests must themselves in a reasonable and responsible manner and must not act in any way which may disturb other guests. Failure to adhere to this requirement may result in Guests being asked to leave the hostel in which event all additional charges shall become immediately payable by the Guests.
- Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff or residents will be asked to leave the hostel premises.
- Sharing of beds in dorm rooms is not allowed. Each guest must book and pay for a bed.
- Drug use in illegal in Hawaii (including marijuana). Any guest found using drugs on our premises will be asked to leave immediately. A refund will not be issued.
- Each bed (in dorm rooms) has a personal locker for valuables. It is a guest’s responsibility to ensure that personal belongings are secure at all times. My Hawaii Hostel accepts no liability for the loss, theft or damage to guests’ property, however sustained or caused. You are provided with a padlock upon arrival and we suggest you use it.
- Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 7 am. Please be mindful of neighbors and guests and keep noise to a minimum during quiet hours.
- No outside guests are allowed on hostel premises.